We live in an era of technology and development. Technology has been rapidly taking over every field of our life, especially the business industry. There are so hundreds, if not more, solutions available that can help your business move it’s entire data online. By moving your data online, you can reduce the cost of local storage and ensure easier access to the data.
However, have you ever wondered what would happen if your business data suddenly disappeared? All your data would be lost and your business could very well cease to exist. There’s no need to worry because with AtyxIT’s Data Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions you can ensure your business keeps running, no matter the circumstance.
Importance of Data Backup & Disaster Recovery
Here are just some of the reasons your company should have a backup of all your business data.
- Business data is targeted every day. With more than 43% of cyber-attacks targeting small businesses, backing up your data is the only way you can protect your company from closing its’ doors.
- Once your business data has been backed up, you will not have to deal with any kind of significant downtime or having to pay a ransom to get your data back.
- You will ensure that you never lose customers or sponsors only because you have lost all the data related to their projects or orders.
- The reputation of your business is always on the line and you cannot let issues such as data loss get in the way of your success. That is why having a backup of all your data is extremely important.
The 3-2-1 Backup Rule
The 3-2-1 backup rule is a special data backup strategy that will give you and your business peace of mind and ensure that you never lose access to your data. Here is how the 3-2-1 backup rule works.
- Three copies of your data are created.
- Two copies are stored locally on separate machines and backed up in separate ways. (Such as one backup on tapes, and one on a local storage server)
- One copy is stored off-site, encrypted, and in the cloud in a different geographical location.
How the 3-2-1 Rule Can Help Your Business
When you have 3 different copies of your data you will not never have to deal with any data loss issues. Even if the local copies are lost due to a natural disaster, you will still have a copy of your data in the cloud that can be restored to any devices you wish at any time and ensure that your business keeps going. The best way to prevent data loss is to get your business prepared for it and storing multiple copies of your data in geographical locations and with different methods is the best way a small or medium sized business can go about it. Backups are extremely important which is why AtyxIT includes Backups & Disaster Recovery in all of our Managed IT Service offerings.
The bottom line is, getting your business prepared for data loss is the best way to prevent your business from ceasing to exist. Since 2013 there have been 3,809,448 records stolen from breaches every single day, which is about 44 every second of every day. This is why it’s important for you to know that once your business data is lost, the productivity of your business will be affected. Most companies think they can get by with just a simple local backup solution but something as simple as a ransomware attack can result in the encryption of all of your devices network wide, including your local storage where your backups are stored. Save time and money by Contacting Us today and utilizing our Data Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions. Only 38 percent of global organizations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyber attack, which is why the big hacking groups are usually targeting small to medium sized businesses that they know simply do not have the same amount of budget to protect their business. Let us provide your company with enterprise-grade technological services for an affordable price.